Terms & Conditions
PEDAL TO EMPOWER - World Bicycle Relief 2022
By participating in “Pedal to Empower,” a virtual activity in support of World Bicycle Relief gGmbH (“WBR”) (the “Activity”), you hereby agree to the following waiver of liability (the “Waiver”). Please ensure that you read and understand this Waiver prior to registering for the Activity.
- I acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling, including the Activity, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity is a virtual activity, and I am electing to engage in the Activity voluntarily on my own, at a time of my choosing on or about June 3-5, 2022, in a location and on a route of my choosing, without any local presence, organization, support or security measures of any kind provided by WBR or anyone else. I agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations, recommendations or guidance from authorities or health officials for the prevention of the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases. I agree to follow all applicable health and safety ordinances and to follow the rules of the road. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe for any reason, I will immediately cease further participation in the Activity.
- I fully understand that bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including, but not limited to, permanent disability, paralysis, and death. I assume all risks to me associated with bicycling on my own as part of this virtual Activity.
- I hereby agree to release, and discharge WBR, its affiliates, Activity sponsors, advertisers and their respective directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, and other Activity participants (the “Released Parties”), from and against liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages (“Claims”) arising out of my participation in the Activity to the greatest extent allowed by law, provided that the Claims are not caused by the willful misconduct of the Released Parties, its legal representatives or its vicarious agents. I further covenant not to bring any Claims against the Released Parties and agree that if, despite this Waiver, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a Claim against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such Claim to the greatest extent allowed by law, provided that the Claims are not caused by the willful misconduct of the Released Parties, its legal representatives or its vicarious agents.
- I hereby certify that I am 18 years of age or older and fully competent, have read and understand the terms of this Waiver, understand that I am giving up substantial rights by agreeing to this Waiver, agree to it voluntarily and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
- I am hereby informed that photo and video recordings that I share on my public social media channels (especially Facebook and Instagram) as part of the Activity may be used by WBR to publish them on the social media channels of WBR and companies affiliated with WBR. I hereby agree to such use. Furthermore, I assure that I own all rights to the images and video recordings published by me, i.e. that no third-party rights of use exist.
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions and accept them as legally binding.