We’ve got the tools you need to help make your ride and fundraising a success!
What are the rules for participating?
Participation is entirely voluntary and free to join. Riders are encouraged to upload their mileage achieved to help us reach our goal of 5,000,000 kilometers.
Where am I supposed to ride?
You can ride any distance, anywhere you like! Choose your own route based on your level of experience. Check out our additional resources for more. We've got route planning advice for those of you just getting started, those picking up speed, and those of you who want to push yourselves.
What if the weather is bad?
There’s always tomorrow! We’d love to have you join us 2-5 June but if the weather doesn’t cooperate, go for a ride on the 6th. You can also ride indoors on your smart trainer if you’d like.
How do I track my kilometers?
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally so you can track your distance to help us reach our 5 million kilometer goal.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
3. Under the heading Connect your preferred Fitness app, click your chosen app.
4. Follow the prompts to connect your account
5. When you next work out, select start your workout in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
- Fitbit: You must start an activity and save it. If no activity is logged, then your cumulative activity will sync at the end of the day. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- MapMyFitness: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Strava: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Garmin: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
Manually adding activity
Remember, you can manually add your exercise to the tally in the My Fitness Activity tab within your logged in dashboard.
1. Log in to your account and select My Fitness Activity.
2. Under Add activity, enter the required fields. Depending on the challenge this may be steps, distance and/duration.
3. The logged activity will now appear on your fundraising page!
How can I join a ride near me?
Unite with other riders in your community and pedal with purpose together. Search here for a community organized ride near you!
Can I continue fundraising after the event?
Yes, your fundraising page will remain active after the event and your contributions will be counted towards our goals through June 12.
How do I submit my photos?
Please post photos of your ride to your social media accounts and tag @WorldBicycleRelief and #PedaltoEmpower
What if my question isn't answered here?
We'd be happy to help you out. Send us an email at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.