Terms & Conditions
PEDAL TO EMPOWER - World Bicycle Relief 2023
WAIVER & RELEASE
By participating in “Pedal to Empower,” a virtual activity in support of World Bicycle Relief NFP (“WBR”) (the “Activity”), you hereby agree to the following RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (the “Waiver”). Please ensure that you read and understand this Waiver prior to registering for the Activity.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the Activity benefitting WBR, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- Acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling, including the Activity, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity is a virtual activity, and I am electing to engage in the Activity voluntarily on my own, at a time of my choosing on or about June 2-5, 2023, in a location and on a route of my choosing, without any local presence, organization, support or security measures of any kind provided by WBR or anyone else. I agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations, recommendations or guidance from authorities or health officials for the prevention of the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases. I attest that if my community has a shelter in place order, that I will participate in the virtual event, if at all, by using a personal indoor trainer, and I will not ride outside in the community during the duration of a shelter in place order. I agree to follow all applicable health and safety ordinances and to follow the rules of the road. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe for any reason, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- Fully understand that bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including, but not limited to, permanent disability, paralysis, and death. I assume all risks to me associated with bicycling on my own as part of this virtual Activity.
- Hereby agree to release, and discharge WBR, its affiliates, Activity sponsors, advertisers and their respective directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, and other Activity participants (the “Released Parties”), from and against liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages (“Claims”) arising out of my participation in this virtual event; and I further covenant not to bring any Claims against the Released Parties and agree that if, despite this Waiver, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a Claim against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such Claim.
- I hereby grant WBR a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, and fully sublicenseable right and license to reproduce and use my photographs or other video or audio recordings that I may share online as part of the virtual Activity, solely for WBR’s marketing, promotion, and other business purposes.
- Hereby further agree that this Waiver shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, United States, and that any mediation, suit, or other proceeding must be filed or entered into only in Illinois and the federal or state courts of Illinois. Any portion of this Waiver deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
I hereby certify that I am 18 years of age or older and fully competent, have read and understand the terms of this Waiver, understand that I am giving up substantial rights by agreeing to this Waiver, agree to it voluntarily and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. I agree that if any portion of this Waiver is held to be invalid, the balance shall continue in full force and effect.